Flux Coated High Alloyed Bronze
Astro 240 FC is a premium, flux coated bronze rod, ideal for general purpose maintenance work and auto body repairs.
240 FC has an excellent affinity for cast iron, and flows on cast irons with ease, providing very high strength joints. 240 FC also allows for very easy application, its low bonding temperature helps keep distortion to an absolute minimum, making it excellent for use on galvanised sheet or thin sheet metal.
Joining and overlaying steel, cast iron, brass, bronze, galvanised and malleable irons or any combination of these metals. Brass or bronze may be fusion welded.
Engineered for: Fabrication and repair on ferrous metals.
- High capillary action allows 240 FC to fill gaps and holes
- Welds rusty, oily and dirty metals without cleaning
- Can weld through body or filler solder
- Very easy to apply in all positions
- Reduces distortion on thin metals
- Dense, non-porous deposit
- WorkingTemp: 760C to 900C (1400F to 1650F)
- Colour match: Good (brass and bronze)
- Machinability: Excellent
- Tensile strength: Up to 65,000 P.S.I. (450MPa)
240 FC should be applied with a neutral flame, however cast iron surfaces should be ‘seared’ with a strong oxidizing flame and wire brushed to remove surface graphite and impurities before brazing.