Astro 900 crusher electrode is designed to provide porosity free welds on all weldable grades of carbon steel. The weld deposit is also smooth, uniform and will give excellent service life to new and worn parts. The coating also imparts alloying ingredients to the weld deposit which enrich the weld. Deposition rates are considerably faster than conventional hardfacing electrodes.
Check cracks may appear when new weld cools, the cracks will not change wear resistance, but will aid in prevention of distortion. Two layers recommended.
- SMOOTH ARC
- LOW SPATTER
- EXTREMELY QUICK DEPOSITION RATE
- UNPRECEDENTED IMPACT RESISTANCE
- DESIGNED ESPECIALLY FOR CRUSHER SERVICE
- EXCELLENT FOR ROLLING MILL GUIDES, RIPPERS
- DRAGLINE BUCKETS, CRUSHING EQUIPMENT ETC.
- Hardness on SAE 1020 steel: 59-62 R.C.
- Deposits are non-machinable and cannot be heat treated
- Both stringer and weave beads may be employed
- Most parts subject to heavy impact
- Gyratory crusher parts
- Conveyor bucket lips
- Hammer Mills
- Roll crushers
On carbon steels, build up to approximate desired shape with ASTRO 616-A.
On manganese steels, use ASTRO 902.
Apply ASTRO 900 to a maximum of 7mm or two weld layers.
NOTE: When welding manganese steels, do NOT overheat base metal (315C / 600F MAX)