Astro 165/165FC is a special silver alloy that is cadmium free and has good corrosion resistance properties.
It has excellent wet-ability to both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
It is designed for joining dissimilar metals, excellent for stainless steel and all other metals, except white metals.
- Contains NO cheap, inferior cadmium and lead type fillers
- Excellent for Nickel and Nickel base alloys
- Superior results on steels and stainless steels, copper and copper base alloys and high speed steels
- Extremely low melting point – 620C
- Good corrosion resistance
- Bare or Flux coated available
Ideal applications for 165 are instrumentation, pattern and trim work, pressure lines, piping and tubing, control switches, food product vessels, laboratory apparatus and more
Astro 165 Prevents downtime and provides the maintenance person with a silver alloy for all the requirements.
- Bonding Temperature: 620C to 650C (1150F to 1200F)
- Tensile Strength: Up to 52,000 P.S.I. (340 Mpa)
Using a slightly carburizing flame, heat until the flux turns clear.
The alloys can be applied to the base metal as it starts to turn red, allowing the alloy to flow freely on delicate base metal applications.